Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Happiness

When can you say that you are truly happy?

People tend to equate happiness with reaching their goal, achieving what they want to achieve or just simply having a lot in life to enjoy.

Happiness to me is when I am not feeling self-doubt, depressed, hateful, worried, unsatisfied, bored, guilty, discontented, stressed, frustrated, upset, envious, jealous, annoyed... It is something that I consider unachievable (in my life of course).

Life is such a long journey with a lot of bumps and turns. I come to meet different people, each with different identity. I encountered different experiences, some are to be remembered and some are best to be forgotten. In between those experiences comes a ray of happiness. For me, it is not a destination but a journey. It is a part of the bits and pieces of my life. I said a ray of happiness because there was never a time I felt that I am truly happy.

I am a positive thinker and I believe that everything is just a state of mind. Given a situation, outcome will depend upon how I would react to it. I was always able to say I made it through the rain. But that doesn’t mean I am happy. Happiness is the absence of those unhealthy feelings that I’ve mentioned above and unfortunately one or two never leave my side.

Happiness in my own definition is SERENITY.



No comments:

Post a Comment